- 3/4 pound of skinless chicken thighs(boneless)
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (minced)
- 3 large eggs (whisked)
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil (or any high heat oil)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder (optional)
- 2/3 cup of yellow onions (diced)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 4 cups of cooked rice (jasmine)
- 2 sliced scallions, (separate both the white and light green portion from the dark green part) and
- 2/3 cup of frozen peas (rinsed under warm tap water for a few seconds thaw)
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice
Cut the chicken into little 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch cubes. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the chicken and blend it well. Put the chicken aside for around 10 minutes (I normally utilize this opportunity to slice all the vegetables).
Warm a wok or huge pan over medium-high heat. Swirl in a tablespoon of oil and then add the whisked eggs. Scramble the eggs rapidly with the help of the spatula, breaking the curds into little pieces. Then, transfer those eggs to a plate.
Now, add another tablespoon of oil in the wok or pan. And add the chicken and cook it for around 4 to 5 minutes, mixing once in a while. Transfer that chicken to a plate and turn off the stove.
Note: (Using the spatula, rub off any chicken bits which are as yet stick to the wok so they don’t cause any issue in the following stage. You can likewise use the paper towels to wipe off your wok or pan)
Swirl 1 tablespoon of oil into the wok at medium-high temperature. Add some diced onions and cook them for about 1 minute, until they begin to soften. Blend in the minced garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, around 30 seconds. And add the diced carrots and cook for a couple of minutes, blending frequently. Put 1/2 teaspoon salt and the peas, and blend it well.
Add the basmati rice to the wok or container over the vegetables and mix to join. With the back of a spatula, crush any big chunks of rice to break them separated. Now, add the white and green pieces of the chopped scallions (save the dark green parts) and five-flavor powder. Mix to join. Add some more oil and stir if the rice starts to stick with the wok.
Sprinkle the soy sauce and sesame oil on the rice and blend it together. Blend in the cooked chicken, fried eggs, and the dark scallions. Blend it together, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Taste it, and add more soy sauce if needed.
Finally, the chicken fried rice is good to go. Serve it immediately before the heat goes off